- This event has passed.
Athens Rum & Whisky Festival 2022
Athens Rum & Whisky Festival 2022 at Amalias 36
This year’s Athens Rum & Whisky Festival is festive and takes place in one of the most beautiful neoclassical buildings in the center of Athens.
For 2 days, Friday 9 and Saturday 10 December on the three floors of Amalias 36, a historic building with a unique aesthetic of urban eleganza of the early 20th century, you will have the opportunity to taste dozens of top aged spirits, the crowns in the category of rum and whiskey.
At the same time, you will have fun in music by well-known music producers and cocktails from the top Baba au Rum (One of the 50 Best Bars in the World), while the specially designed The Bar Corner in the evening 20.00-00.00 will host guest shifts from top bars in the city: Barro Negro, Line, The Clumsies, The Bar in Front of the Bar.
On the 3 floors of the Festival, you will find: The very complete exhibition part, the Experience Rooms with custom made experiences, seminar and tasting rooms, great bars to enjoy cocktails, the standard Premium Lounge as well as a shop to make your Christmas purchases.
More specifically: With the basic entrance ticket, you will have the opportunity to tour the Experience Rooms on the first floor, meet the Master Distillers, Brand Ambassadors & representatives of great spirits and talk with them, tasting excellent spirits. On the ground floor, you will attend seminars and tastings, and of course tour the exhibitors’ stands on the enchanting 2nd floor and you will be introduced to dozens of whisky and rum labels.
The premium ticket gives you access to the Premium Lounge and the opportunity to taste 4 spirits of special bottling or with a price that exceeds 150€ on the shelf.
In the in-house shop from Cava Canava you can buy the spirits you will try. In the coffee & food corner you will find snacks and coffee.
The Festival takes place just before the Christmas holidays, in a festive atmosphere to taste special spirits and have a good time with our friends. Lovers of whiskey and rum will have the opportunity to get to know and even buy on the spot the spirits of their preference for gifts or for the festive get together. .
What is the “Athens Rum & Whisky Festival”
It is an innovative Festival that aims to further increase awareness about rum and whiskey, while at the same time introducing consumers to premium cocktails from award-winning bars in our city.
Two of the most popular spirits of consumers and bartenders, rum and whiskey, are put under the microscope and for two days they unfold our categories, their deep history and heritage, their uniqueness but also the way they are mixed and enjoyed, through an innovative Festival organized for the 3rd year.
The Athens Rum & Whisky Festival is organized on December 9 &10, 2022 by Baba Au Rum (“World’s 50 Best Bars”) and the Greek team of Difford’s Guide (“Best Cocktail Writing Publication in the World”). Through his many actions, he motivates audiences and professionals to delve into their favorite categories of spirits, in a modern, pioneering and fun way.
During the Festival:
- Enjoy a unique weekend in a beautiful Neoclassical building in the heart of the city. An ideal occasion for an after-office outing or in combination with festive shopping.
- Try in a glass tasting glass, different brands in rum and whiskey in the main part of the Festival, in one of the most premium venues in the city center.
- Explore rare labels in the specially designed area of the Premium Lounge, where premium and super premium labels in rum and whiskey will be served. (Separate ticket required)
- Explore the unique Experience Rooms of Athens Rum & Whisky Festival! Your favorite brands in rum and whiskey, take over in the beautiful rooms of Amalias 36 offering tailor made experiences to visitors.
- Do you love cocktails? The award-winning as one of the “50 Best Bars in the World” Baba Au Rum, will serve throughout the Festival original cocktails based on rum and whiskey, through a specially designed pop-up bar.
- In addition, at the Festival from 20:00 to 00:00, guest shifts will take place from the great bars of the city: Line, The Clumsies, Barro Negro and The Bar in Front of The Bar, in a specially designed Bar Room.
- Attend seminars and participate in tastings that have been differentiated to cover each level.
- Chat with the most experts on rum, whiskey, and their categories.
- Complete your tasting and your overall experience by purchasing the rum or whiskey of your preference from the Shop. A perfect occasion for Christmas gifts to your loved ones.
- Have fun with the music of well-known Djs and music producers.
Details about the Festival:
Friday and Saturday, 9 & 10 December
Saturday: From 15:30
Amalias 36: Leof. Vas. Amalias 36, Syntagma, Athens (opposite Zappeion)
Metro Station and Tram Station: SYNTAGMA
Nearby parking :
Syntagma Parking: Filellinon 12, Athens 105 57
Parking Plaka, Daidalou 23, Athens 105 58,
Parking Aegean, Xenofontos 4, Athens 105 57